• 2 slices of sourdough toast
• 1 avocado (optional), sliced
• 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
• 1 tablespoon harissa paste
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon turmeric
• 3 tablespoons almond milk
• Pinch of salt
• Olive oil
Place a large pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the drained chickpeas, a large pinch of salt and the spices. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until the chickpeas turn a golden yellow colour.
Once golden, use a fork to mash the chickpeas a little, leaving some whole to give a nice texture. Add the almond milk and harissa paste and mix well before cooking for a few more minutes to warm through.
Serve the chickpea scramble piled high on top of a slice of toast, with a side of avocado.