Symprove Limited, (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act pre 25th May 2018) / GDPR 2018 (the Act post 25th May 2018), the data controller is Symprove Limited whose registered office address is at Sands Business Centre, Sands Road, The Sands, Farnham, Surrey, U.K. GU10 1PX.
Information That We Collect
Symprove processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Health/Medical information if given with Consent
- Age Range if given with Consent
- Reason you use the product
- Where you heard about us
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Over the phone
- Online form via registration on our website www.symprove.com
- Website Orders
- Subscribing to our service
- Entering competitions or promotions sponsored by Symprove Limited
- If you report a problem with our site
- Survey’s we may ask you to complete for research purposes should you respond to them
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for a period of time in accordance with our Retention Policy
- Details of transactions and fulfillment of your orders via our website or via phone call
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to advertising for analysis. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Symprove takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or share your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. Symprove does not sell personal data. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, you will need to tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) if you are happy for us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties and our partners for marketing purposes. We will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. Please note that some services cannot be processed without your consent; for example our courier company will require your Name, address and contact number in order to deliver your goods.
You have the right to access any personal information that Symprove processes about you and to request information about: –
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us; to exercise your data portability rights, and to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Symprove uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Oracle/NetSuite – our company’s ERP & CRM System used for processing and storing all our customer data. For more information about Oracle/NetSuite, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/index.html
- Nolan Business Solutions – our Oracle NetSuite support. We don’t share customer data, but they may at times require access to our NetSuite system to assist us with tasks and services to enable us to use the system correctly. For more information about Nolan Business Solutions, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.nolanbusinesssolutions.co.uk/privacy-statement
- World Pay – payment processor. This is a necessary automated process for the purposes of processing your payment for your order. For more information about World Pay, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy
- Global Iris – payment processor. This is a necessary automated process for the purposes of processing your payment for your order. For more information about Global Iris, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.globalpaymentsinc.com/en/privacy-statement
- PayPal – payment processor. This is a necessary automated process for the purposes of processing your payment for your order. For more information about Paypal, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- RackSpace – website hosting. Do not have access to our customer data. For more information about RackSpace, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.rackspace.com/en-gb/information/legal/privacycenter
- Microsoft – emails/applications. Data may be held for a period of time should you get in contact with us via email. Marketing emails are sent within our NetSuite system. For more information about Microsoft, please read their Privacy Notice at
- Wise & Co Accountants – we don’t require to share customer data with our accountants. All bookkeeping is done within Symprove. For more information about Wise & Co Accountants, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.wiseandco.co.uk/privacy/
- DPD – couriers. We will share your Name, address and contact number for them to be able to ship your order to you. For more information about DPD, please read their Privacy Notice at http://www.dpd.co.uk/privacy_policy.jsp
- DMD – international courier. We will share your Name, address and contact number for them to be able to ship your order to you.
- TCS Advertising – we don’t share customer data but do receive data from them. The data we receive does not contain any customer person data. For more information about TCS, please read their Privacy Notice at http://www.tcsmedia.co.uk/privacy-cookies/
- VE – website targeting. we don’t share customer data but do receive data from them. The data we receive does not contain any customer person data. For more information about TCS, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.ve.com/privacy-policy
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Symprove Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
http://www.symprove.com/terms-and- conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Symprove Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Symprove takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- Restricted access
- Password Policies
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Symprove does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Symprove, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Symprove only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Symprove only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Data Protection Representative
Sands Road, The Sands, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 1PX
01252 413600 email@example.com
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
• Estimate our audience size or usage pattern.
• Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognise you when you return to our site.
Except for essential cookies and any periods for expiry specified above, all cookies will expire after 18 months.
Our policies and procedures
Symprove have available the following policies and procedures for public access. Should you wish to have a copy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Access Request Procedure
Subject Access Request Form
Data Retention Erasure Policy