- A drizzle of oil
- 200 grams purple sprouting or tenderstem broccoli, ends trimmed
- 250 grams frozen peas
- 10 eggs
- ½ tsp salt and a pinch of ground black pepper
- 125g cooked puy lentils (half a ready cooked pouch)
- Handful of fresh herbs (e.g. parsley and coriander), chopped
- 100 grams blue cheese (or a cheese of your choice) crumbled or grated
- Preheat your oven to 180c fan or gas mark 6.
- Line a deep sided baking tray or baking dish with baking parchment
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the broccoli. Stir fry for a couple of minutes until the stems start to turn bright green. Add the peas to the pan with a splash of water, cover with a lid and allow to cook for a further minute or two until the peas have defrosted. Take the pan off the heat, drain any liquid and refresh the veg in cold water to stop it cooking further. Drain, pat dry and set to one side.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper and set to one side
- Distribute your drained and dried broccoli and peas evenly over the bottom of the baking dish
- Scatter the lentils over the top of the vegetables
- Carefully pour the egg mix over the vegetables and give the dish a gentle shake to distribute evenly
- Top with the cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are puffed up and the top is golden. Use a knife to check the egg is completely set - it may need a minute or two longer depending on your oven.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then lift from the tin and then cut into slices