Ingredients (Makes 3-4 pancakes, serves 1-2 people)
For the pancakes
100ml almond milk
For the top
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 large handful of strawberries (or alternative berry)
1 tbsp coconut (or alternative) yoghurt
1) Boil the kettle (you’ll only need a small amount of water) and chop the strawberries in half or quarters depending on size. Place the strawberries in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Place on a medium heat and allow to simmer.
2) Place a saucepan over a medium heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil and let it melt while you prep the pancake batter.
3) Whizz the banana, oats and almond milk in a blender or nutribullet for about 20 seconds until a smooth paste forms.
4) Spread the melted coconut oil around the pan, then slowly pour in 1/3 or 1/4 of the mix to make a thick pancake, using the back of a teaspoon to even it out if necessary. If your pan is big enough, add a second pancake. Cook for about 1 minute, then use a spatula to flip and cook on the other side until both sides are lightly golden.
5) Add the chia seeds into the stewed berries, stirring before removing from the heat and leaving to stand.
6) Cook the remaining pancakes as per step 4, adding more coconut oil if needed to stop any sticking (the pancakes should slide in the pan when moved. You can use this time to start clearing up!
7) Serve the pancakes in a stack (or two if you’re sharing) and top with the strawberry jam, coconut yoghurt and any other toppings.