Makes 1 loaf
200g self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
75ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
100g prunes or medjool dates, chopped
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
75g sultanas or raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
2. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the banana, coconut yoghurt, olive oil, vanilla,
prunes and flaxseed. Stir in the sultanas.
5. Add the banana mixture to the flour and mix well – it will seem dry at first but it
will come together.
6. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, level out the top and bake for 50–60 minutes,
until risen and golden. Test with a skewer – if it comes out clean the loaf is ready.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out.
Recipe extracted from How To Go Plant-Based: A Definitive Guide For You and Your Family by Ella Mills, published by Yellow Kite, out now.